- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallions (from 4 scallions)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (from 3 small garlic cloves)
- 3 1/4 cups corn kernels (from 4 or 5 ears)
- 4 new potatoes cut in quarters
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved (1 3/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add salt to taste. Boil potatoes about 10 minutes until just starting to get tender. Do not over cook since they will cook even more. Remove from water. Once cool cut into smaller pieces.
- Puree basil, 1/4 cup oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add corn and remaining salt. Cook, stirring, until starting to caramelize, about 10 minutes (reduce heat to medium if overbrowning). Add potatoes, tomatoes and vinegar; cook until tomatoes start to collapse, about 8 minutes.
- Drizzle basil oil on vegetables, and stir. Serve immediately.